Content optimisation brings many advantages to any type of website and e-commerce stores are no different. If you know how to optimize your content, you'll be able to get more traffic to your website, and therefore, increase the sale rate. That is how impactful optimisation is.
You can hear different theories about the optimisation process. Some claim that it is done easily while others struggle with it hopelessly. The fact is that optimisation is a somewhat complex process but it can be accomplished if you know all the right steps. Turn search engines' attention to your website and rank higher in the results with the help of these practical tips.
1. Run a Blog
A good blog can be an endless source of traffic. With informative and relevant blog posts, you can get more visitors on your website and increase your chance of a sale.
With more traffic and relevant content, search engines will recognize the values your website provides to users. Consequently, they will rank your e-commerce website higher in search results.
What your blog should include is:
- Well-written posts
- Credible sources of information
- Topics that are relevant to your niche
- Images or videos that will break up the blocks of written content
- Relevant links that will provide more information on the topic
2. Include Reviews on Product Pages
Did you know that 91% of Millennials trust online reviews as much as friends and family? When you consider that their purchasing power is expected to reach $1.4 trillion in 2020, getting their attention is very important.
Add customer reviews directly on your product page to get more traffic to those pages. Instead of reading reviews on other websites and boosting their traffic, the visitors will land directly on your product pages.
Considering that a single business review can increase its conversions by 10%, this will bring a huge advantage to your business. Through reviews, you can increase trust and your business's credibility.
3. Research Keywords
Keywords are a must for your SEO strategy. Based on keywords, the search engines will determine whether your website’s content is related to what the users are searching for.
Do thorough research of relevant keywords that will rank your website and your product pages higher in search results. You should aim for long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords consist of more words (3 and more) and are more specific. When you use long-tail keywords you attract the right audience to your website.
Keyword research can be conducted in three ways:
- Use Google Keyword Planner
- Research your competitors and keywords they use
- Go to Amazon and check out what type of keywords their users type in
Amazon has a wide variety of products so whatever you sell you can probably find it in their inventory. Just type your main keywords and see what Amazon's autofill option suggests. Amazon Keyword Tool can speed up this process because it piles up all the auto-fill keyword suggestions.
4. Write High-Quality Product Description
The problem with many product descriptions is that they are dull, insufficient, and not original. You need to step up your product description game if you want to get on the search engines’ good side.
First of all, don't copy and paste the product description. It needs to be an original copy. Try to keep the same style and language as you do on your website.
It’s also essential that you add as many specifications as you can. The more detailed the description is, the more traffic will the search provide you with.
Unless you are a talented writer or you have one on your team, it is best that you team up with a professional. Here are some writing and editing services you should consider.
- TrustMyPaper – This website can provide you with excellent writers. They can assist you with any type of task including product description.
- Studicus – Those who want to polish up their product copy can find their solution in this writing service. Only the most qualified individuals work for this company so the quality is guaranteed.
- WritingJudge – If you want to browse for options check out different writing services on WritingJudge. Filter your search based on criteria such as pricing and read the service’s reviews.
- SupremeDisserations – As their name insinuates, they offer supreme writing service. You can find both writing and editing services on this website.
- Grammarly – Even if you have a good writer on your team you should check the copy for mistakes with Grammarly. This free online editor will highlight all the mistakes and offer rewriting suggestions.
- Readable – Check the product description’s readability score with this online checker. It will signal if the content isn’t readable enough for a wide audience.
5. Add Attractive Product Photos
Almost 70% of consumers claim that the product image quality has a big impact on selecting and purchasing a product. That is why you need to include amazing product photos on your website.
High-quality photos will lower your bounce rate and encourage visitors to stay on your website, browse for other products, and make a purchase.
To boost the quality of the image, try using the following equipment:
- High-quality camera
- Simple and discrete background
- Editing software (for example, Photoshop)
Just to clarify, editing software should be used to distort the image and present the product in a different way, it should simply be used for polishing the image such as removing some distracting shadows.
6. Keep Track of Reviews and Comments
Both positive and negative reviews can give you useful insight into what your audience likes and dislikes. Their preferences can change and you can be up to date with the new wishes and needs by following their reviews and comments.
Set up Google Alerts so that you get a notification every time someone mentions your brand. Read what the audience wants from your brand and you’ll be able to create content accordingly.
When you mold the content based on the target audience's wishes you will be able to attract more visitors from that target group to your website. You can collaborate with professional writing services like BestEssayEducation and GrabMyEssay. They can help you to perfect the copy based on the audience's desires.
If your audience's comments concern the visuals, you can use a photo editing tool such as Canva to improve the images, banners, and other visual aspects.
7. Work on Social Proof
It’s all about social media nowadays. Digital marketers claim that social proof can bring you more traffic and build trust with your potential customers. Confirm your credibility by including social media posts on your e-commerce website.
Maybe you already have social media accounts, but are you active? Do you post entertaining and aesthetically pleasing images? You should power your social media skills and connect your accounts with the website.
Besides adding buttons that lead users to your social media accounts, you can also add posts from Instagram. Instagram is a very popular social media platform and sharing that social media proof will increase your website's optimisation.
With these content optimisation tips, you'll be able to set up an SEO strategy that will bring results. You don't have to complicate the optimisation process. Simple steps are the best way to ensure some boost in traffic and higher search result. Just keep in mind that SEO demands consistent effort so make sure that you update your strategy regularly.
About the Author: Kristin Savage nourishes, sparks and empowers using the magic of a word. Along with pursuing her degree in Creative Writing, Kristin was gaining experience in the publishing industry, with expertise in marketing strategy for publishers and authors. Now she works as a freelance writer at WowGrade and GrabMyEssay